How can I tell if my brakes need servicing?
The brake system is one of the most important safety mechanisms in your vehicle. It is necessary to have it inspected regularly — a minimum of every six months or roughly every 6,000 miles — to ensure proper performance.
Here are some common signs that your brake system needs servicing:
• Brakes feel spongy or hard to press down
• Squealing or grinding noises
• Your car pulls to one side
• Your steering wheel or brake pedal shakes when applying the brake
• Your Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) warning lights come on
Why should I choose Planet Ford for brake repair?
Our factory-trained technicians offer a comprehensive brake inspection including:
• Checking for even wear and measuring brake pad/shoe thickness
• Ensuring brake lines and master and wheel cylinders aren’t leaking
• Checking rotors for hot spots and run-outs
• Inspecting calipers for wear, fluid leaks and movement
• Checking anti-lock brake sensors
• Testing hardware and making necessary adjustments
• Checking brake fluid condition and levels
Other benefits of Planet Ford brake services include:
• Original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts
• Full-service maintenance and repair facility
• Parts and labor warranties
• Clean, comfortable waiting areas with free Wi-Fi
• Shuttle service to and from your home
• Friendly and knowledgeable staff
The Ford Service Credit Card
The Ford Service Credit Card is a financing option that lets you pay for all service maintenance and repairs, including brake purchases and installation, at Planet Ford and other Ford Dealers across the U.S. It only takes a few minutes to apply and receive the decision.
Upon credit approval, you’ll be provided with a credit line to assist you with all in-store purchases, including:
• Ford Motorcraft® batteries
• Extended service plans
• Loaner vehicles
• Body shop repairs
• And more
Plus, you get to take advantage of great rebate offers. Right now, each time you spend $250 or more (before tax) on your Ford Service Credit Card, you can earn a $25 prepaid card by mail-in rebate.* Offer valid for new and existing Ford customers.
*Subject to credit approval. Rebate valid on qualifying purchase before tax; not valid on prior purchases. Complete purchase must be made on the Ford Service Credit Card. Submit rebate by 01/31/2019 by mail-in rebate form or online at fordowner.com. Limit one $25 mail-in rebate per visit. Rebate by prepaid debit card. Cannot be combined with other Ford Service Credit Card offers. See participating dealership for rebate details.
Questions about Brakes? Let us Help!
Write a note below and one of our friendly service experts will get you an answer.